Benton & Franklin Counties Superior Court
Benton & Franklin Counties Superior Court

Guardianship Monitoring Program (GMP) Information and Forms



December 30, 2020, Governor Inslee signed a proclamation delaying implementation of the Uniform Guardianship Act as it pertains to the repeal of RCW 26.10 non-parental custody cases filed on or before December 31, 2020.   Those cases may still be finalized on or before January 20, 2021. 




The legislature recognizes that people with incapacities have unique abilities and needs, and that some people with incapacities cannot exercise their rights or provide for their basic needs without the help of a guardian. However, their liberty and autonomy should be restricted through the guardianship process only to the minimum extent necessary to adequately provide for their own health or safety, or to adequately manage their financial affairs. RCW Chapter 11.88.005.  



The Washington State Courts Guardianship Portal provides Resources to help you understand the Guardianship process and the roles and duties of a Guardian. Please note that this information is not legal advice and that processes may vary by county.



The Benton and Franklin Counties Superior Court provides oversight for all guardianship cases that are within the Court's jurisdiction under the provisions of RCW Chapter 11.88 and RCW Chapter 11.92.  The Guardianship Monitoring Program (GMP) has been established to assist the Courts in ensuring that incapacitated persons and their estates are protected and that appointed guardians carry out their duties. Guardians are required to provide reports to the Court regarding their activities on behalf of the Incapacitated Persons in their care.


Under RCW Chapter 11.98 and the terms of many trusts, periodic reporting is required. Accordingly, management of trusts is also monitored under GMP.


The GMP assists the Courts to provide monitoring and oversight of:

Court's Response to Coronavirus Pandemic

En respuesta a la nueva pandemia de coronavirus (o COVID-19), nuestros servicios estaran limitados

Click HERE for the latest information concerning the Court's response to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Ex Parte

Important Notice

 Click HERE for a description of the Ex Parte process.

Arbitrator Eligibility

Important Notice

Click HERE for information and attestation form.

Superior Court Administration Benton County Justice Center

7122 W Okanogan Pl

Building A

Kennewick, WA 99336



Holiday Schedule

The Courts will be closed for Martin Luther King's Birthday on Monday, January 18, 2021. 


Please refer to the Court Holiday Schedule to see changes to regular calendar.


Due to the rapidly changing nature of the Court’s information on the internet pages, the Benton and Franklin Counties Superior Courts cannot insure 100% accuracy.  The data and links are provided for informational purposes only and may not have been updated on the date you view it.  The Courts assume no liability for any legal consequences arising out of any information on these pages.

Print Print | Sitemap
© Benton Franklin Counties Superior Court