Effective July 22, 2011, House Bill 1053 has amended RCW 11.88 and 11.92 and will require additional steps to petition for guardianship or to have your annual reports
For Persons Seeking Appointment as Guardians:
1. Proof of completion of guardian training must be filed with the petition to establish guardianship. Please note Spokane County has additional mandatory training and requires training verification prior to the guardian appointment.
2. All letters of Guardianship issued after 7/22/11, will have an expiration date. Annual reports must be submitted within 90 days of the anniversary date of appointment so the report can be approved before letters expire.
3. The following forms must be completed and filed within 90 days from date of guardian appointment:
a. Designation Standby Guardian
b. Notice of Right to Request Special Notice
4. A Guardianship Summary information form must be included in any Order Appointing Guardian/Successor Guardian. If an attorney is representing the petitioner, he or she will prepare this form.
For Existing Guardians:
1. When submitting an annual report (Periodic Personal Care Plan or Guardian's Report & Accounting) a guardian must submit proof of completion of guardian training.
2. After the Order Approving is signed, take it to the Clerk's Office and have new letters of guardianship reissued. There is a $5 charge for
the reissuance of letters.
3. A Guardian Summary must be provided in all Orders Approving Report & Accounting and Care Plans.
The process for ex parte has changed in both counties on a permanent basis. Click HERE for a description of the process.
Further, the Court requires that litigants submitting orders ex parte must attest to whether or not a notice of disqualification has been filed. Click HERE to view Judicial Resolution 17-002 and related form.
RCW 7.06.040 was amended changing eligibility requirements for arbitrators under the mandatory arbitration process. Click HERE for information and attestation form.
Superior Court Administration Benton County Justice Center
7122 W Okanogan Pl
Kennewick, WA 99336
There will be no Court proceedings on the afternoon of Septmeber 14, 2018 due to a judicial meeting. The Courts will be closed for Veterans Day on Monday, November 12, 2018.
Please refer to Court Holiday Schedule to see changes to regular calendar.
Due to the rapidly changing nature of the Court’s information on the internet pages, the Benton and Franklin Counties Superior Courts cannot insure 100% accuracy. The data and links are provided for informational purposes only and may not have been updated on the date you view it. The Courts assume no liability for any legal consequences arising out of any information on these pages.