Effective July 22, 2011, House Bill 1053 has amended RCW 11.88 and 11.92 and will require additional steps to petition for guardianship or to have your annual
For Persons Seeking Appointment as Guardians:
1. Proof of completion of guardian training must be filed with the petition to establish guardianship.
2. All letters of Guardianship issued after 7/22/11, will have an expiration date. Annual reports must be submitted within 90 days of the anniversary date of appointment so the report can be approved before letters expire.
3. The following forms must be completed and filed within 90 days from date of guardian appointment:
a. Designation of Standby Guardian
b. Notice of Right to Request Special Notice
4. A Guardianship Summary information form must be included in any Order Appointing Guardian/Successor Guardian. If an attorney is representing the petitioner, he or she will prepare this form. (If the Guardianship Summary is contained in the Order, a separate Guardianship Summary form is not required).
For Existing Guardians:
1. When submitting an annual report (Periodic Personal Care Plan or Guardian's Report & Accounting) a guardian must submit proof of completion of guardian training.
2. After the Order Approving is signed, take it to the Clerk's Office and have new letters of guardianship reissued. There is a $5 charge for
the reissuance of letters.
3. A Guardian Summary must be provided in all Orders Approving Report & Accounting and Care Plans.
Court's Response to Coronavirus Pandemic
En respuesta a la nueva pandemia de coronavirus (o COVID-19), nuestros servicios estaran limitados
Click HERE for the latest information concerning the Court's response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Benton Franklin Counties Superior Court no longer appoints a Civil Presiding Judge. Please refer to the Daily Schedule for the judge assigned to the individual Civil Dockets.
Click HERE for a description of the Ex Parte process.
Click HERE for information and attestation form.
Superior Court Administration Benton County Justice Center
7122 W Okanogan Pl
Kennewick, WA 99336
The Courts will be closed for Memorial Day on Monday, May 25, 2020.
Please refer to the Court Holiday Schedule to see changes to regular calendar.
Due to the rapidly changing nature of the Court’s information on the internet pages, the Benton and Franklin Counties Superior Courts cannot insure 100% accuracy. The data and links are provided for informational purposes only and may not have been updated on the date you view it. The Courts assume no liability for any legal consequences arising out of any information on these pages.