- The docket will be every Friday starting at 8:30 am and ending no later than 12:00 pm.
- Subject to change based upon future developments and experience, there will initially be three sessions: 8:30 am
to 10:00 am; 10:00 to 10:15 am; and 10:30 am to 12 pm.
- Two cases will be called during the 8:30 session and two cases will be called during the 10:30 session. One case
requesting modification or termination of a no contact order (NCO) may be set at 10:15 session.
- The docket will be limited to the following matters:
- 3.5 and 3.6 Hearings;
- Knapstad Motions;
- Motions to Withdraw Pleas;
- Lengthy Sentencings;
- DOSA Revocation Hearings;
- Contested Restitution Hearings;
- Motions to modify or terminate NCO’s;
- Motions under Rule 8.3;
- Motions under CrR 7.4;
- Motions under CrR 7.5;
- Motions under CrR 7.8 that are not referred to the Court of Appeals; and
- Other pre-trial and post judgment proceedings requiring testimony.
- No changes of plea, requests for continuance or similar hearings will be allowed on the 3.5/3.6
- Briefing by both parties must be done before a matter may be scheduled on Friday Docket.
- Scheduling will not be announced on the regular criminal dockets. Rather, scheduling will be accomplished by a
party filing a Note for Motion Docket no later than 5 business days before the desired hearing. Out-of-custody defendants must sign the Note for Motion form so that there is proof that the
defendant is aware of the hearing. Note for 3.5/3.6 Docket forms have been created and are available in all courtrooms. They are also available online.
- All cases must be confirmed by 12:00 pm on Wednesday of the week of the scheduled hearing. Confirmation will only
be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (That email address has been configured to automatically send copies
to the appropriate deputy clerks, and court administration staff.) Confirmation will be open each Wednesday from 9 am to 12 pm. The first two to confirm for 8:30 am will go, the first NCO
termination/modification to confirm for 10:15 am will go, and the first two to confirm for 10:30 am will go. All others will be required to re-schedule, as stated above.
- The assigned criminal clerk will prepare and distribute via email the final list of confirmed and unconfirmed cases
(with the names of attorneys of record on the cases) to court administration by 2:00 pm Wednesday.
- Briefs and other documents must be uploaded to eMotion by close of the
day on the Wednesday of confirmation. However, Counsel are encouraged to develop a process whereby all briefing for the motion/hearing is uploaded to eMotion at the same time as the note for
motion is generated, so that scheduling issues can be identified and addressed as soon as possible.
- Court administration will create sessions in Odyssey by the close of business on Wednesday and will endeavor to assign
a judge to the Friday docket at that time. Court Administration will also e-mail the schedule of cases to be heard and the name of the assigned judge to the attorneys for confirmed and
unconfirmed cases and assigned judge.
- The prosecuting attorneys will be responsible to coordinate scheduling of hearings with victims and persons requesting
modification or termination of NCO’s and uploading pleadings to eMotion.